• To serve Poland – to build Europe – to understand the world




    Below procedure applies to persons traveling to another EU country, not to the EU country of the family member’s citizenship, or who is already staying in this country.

    Consideration of visa applications is free of charge. Persons willing to obtain a visa at the Consulate are not required to have a prior appointment.

    1. EU citizen is a citizen of an EU Member State, citizen of the Member State of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) - parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein), Swiss citizen.


    2. Family members of the EU citizen:


     Spouse,

     partner with whom the EU citizen has an official partnership in accordance with the law of Member State, if the legislation of the host Member State recognizes the equality of the partnership and marriage,

     a child under the age of 21, who is a dependent of an EU citizen or his / her spouse or partner,

     Parents who are dependents of an EU citizen or his / her spouse or partner.


    3. To obtain a visa the applicant is required to submit the following documents:


     Visa application form (completed, printed, signed, with pasted photos)

     Valid passport,

     Proof that you are a member of the family, as provided for n. 2,

     Proof that you accompany an EU citizen or travel to him/her (for example, notarized written statement of an EU citizen).


    4. The refusal to issue a visa


    The visa will be refused to issue if:

     an applicant's visit on the territory of the Republic of Poland is planned during the period when he is on the list of foreigners whose stay at the territory of the Republic of Poland is undesirable or

     a person's stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland may pose a threat to national defense and security or security and public order protection or public health.


    The decision to refuse the visa is taken by the Consul. The decision of the Consul on refusal to issue a visa may be appealed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

    5. Legal basis:

     The Act of 14 July 2006 "On the entry into, residence in and exit from the Republic of Poland of nationals of the European Union Member States and their family members" (Journal of Laws No. 144, item 1043).

     The Act of 12 December 2013 "On foreign citizens" ("Journal of Laws" dated December 30, 2013, Art. 1650 rev.) and the Act of 25 June 2015 "The Consular law" ("Journal of Laws" dated August 31, 2015, p. 1274).



    1 The present Act, within its regulations, implements the provisions of Directive 2004/38/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 29 April 2004 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States amending Regulation (EEC) (OJ L 158 of 30.04.2004, p. 77; OJ Polish special edition chapter 5 vol. 5 p. 46).

    Print Print Share: